Crazy times, right? I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy. Our family decided to self quarantine in hopes of shortening the life of the Coronavirus. I realize that this is not an option for everyone. I appreciate all the essential personnel for helping us during this journey.
Staying home, social distancing, touching nothing and washing everything seem to be the best ways of preventing the spread of the Coronavirus. These are not uncommon habits for the food allergy community. If we want to reduce our risk of an allergic reaction, we must stay dutiful in these actions. While hand sanitizers with minimum 60% alcohol are effective in preventing infections, flu and Coronavirus, they are not effective in removing all food proteins. But now we are faced with the importance of hand washing to help prevent the spread of the Coronavirus. I came across this video today on Facebook and I had to share. It’s a great visual and fantastic way to quickly show your family members and friends how well we need to wash our hands.
Hand washing steps courtesy of CDC:
- Wet your hands with clean, running water, turn off the tap and apply soap.
- Lather your hands by rubbing them together with the soap.Lather the backs of your hands, between your fingers and under your nails.
- Scrub your hands for at least 20 seconds.Sing the “Happy Birthday” song from beginning to end TWICE.
- Rinse your hands under clean running water.
- Dry your hands using a clean towel or air dry them.
Do you sing a song while you wash your hands? What tricks do you use?!